IVF services included in the oocyte banking package
- Monitoring of IVF Ovarian Stimulation of the patient, (all ultrasounds , estradiol and progesterone blood tests, and physician services for monitoring)
- Oocyte retrieval
- IVF facility fees for the oocyte retrieval
IVF laboratory services included in the oocyte banking package:
- Oocyte aspiration and ultrasound guidance
- Oocyte identification, cleaning and preparation for freezing
- Oocyte freezing and 1 year of storage. Subsequent storage fees will be billed at $150 per 3 months. ICSI after the oocytes are thawed for use
- All facility charges at HAN IVF
Services NOT included in the oocyte banking package:
- IVF pre-cycle screening tests and office visits
- All medications (both fertility related or unrelated) and their administration (including injections)
- All non-IVF surgical procedures before or after the oocytes retrieval including (laparoscopy, myomectomy, surgical procedures on fallopian tubes and ovaries, hysteroscopy, D&C, etc. ( These procedures are frequently of a general gynecologic or obstetric nature, and are often covered by your existing health insurance)
- Care or medical services provided for complications related to the IVF process such as treatment of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome.
- Anesthesia Services (extra payment to the anesthesia department will be required before each oocyte retrieval).
- The cost of a single frozen embryo transfer cycle when you are ready to use your oocytes
For patients with IVF insurance coverage:
Some insurance carriers are covering IVF. Our office can assist you in determining your coverage and arranging pre authorization if needed. This will allow direct billing of your IVF expenses to your insurance carrier. This must be done before treatment can be scheduled. Be aware that if your insurance carrier does not participate with HAN IVF services, you will be responsible for the portion of the fee that they don’t cover. You will also be responsible for any deductibles or co-insurance payments.
The average cost of medications is $3,000, but can vary by about $1,500 (so usual range is from $1,500 to $4,500). The amount needed by each individual is different, and most often influenced by age. Medications are generally ordered through mail order pharmacies to obtain the best price. Payment for medications is made directly to the pharmacy.
Answers to questions that we heard from our previous patients:
I committed to this package but I changed my mind about treatment- what is your refund policy?
If you paid for one of the packages and you did not start any treatment your payment will be refunded.
I started my treatment and my ovaries are not responding at all and I would like to stop treatment what is the refund policy?
You will have a refund after we deduct fees (not discounted) for all services, procedures or treatments you obtained at the HAN IVF Services.