In today’s economy many couples without insurance benefits for infertility are struggling to apportion resources for costs associated with building a family. As costly fertility treatments can be a concern for many it is comforting to learn that HAN IVF has established a Shared-Risk Payment Program for eligible couples that have elected to pay up front for multiple attempts to conceive a child. Since it is accepted knowledge that the ability to conceive a child is improved dramatically when IVF is adopted as a course of treatment rather than a one time attempt, the multi-cycle Shared Risk Program is an attractive option for many couples. We advise you to consider this program and compare it to our traditional multi package fee for service pricing. At HAN IVF you will receive excellent care no matter what option of payment you select.
The American Society of Reproductive Medicine has found that risk sharing or money back guarantee programs, with full disclosure, for IVF are ethical options for patients that lack insurance coverage. We are here to provide you with all the information you will need to make an educated choice in your fertility care.
You have the right to withdrawal from the Shared Risk Program at any time.
You will be refunded following withdrawal but will incur a prorated charge of $6000 per fresh cycle performed and $2850 per frozen cycle performed.
If you chose to withdrawal before the oocyte retrieval but have started your cycle you will be charged $150 per ultrasound that was performed during your monitoring.
Note: If you as couple do not qualify for the Shared Risk Payment Program HAN IVF offers several affordable multi-cycle packages to choose from.
How does the Shared-Risk Program work?
Couples that qualify are entitled to attempt 4 fresh cycles of IVF and unlimited frozen embryo transfer cycles (if there are extra embryos to cryopreserve after transfer) to achieve a pregnancy within a 24 month period for a flat fee. Unless indicated by your physician, if embryos are cryopreserved from a fresh cycle they must be used to attempt a pregnancy before moving on to the next fresh cycle. Once you reach 12 weeks of gestation the Program is considered complete and HAN IVF has earned your fee.
Obviously couples that use only 1 cycle to take home a baby will pay more per cycle than our traditional fee for service or package pricing, however, if all 4 fresh and unlimited frozen (if available) in a 24 month period do not result in a pregnancy (at least 12 weeks gestation) you will receive 70% of your payment back.
- Patients who are < 35 years old at the time of enrollment (for the $22,500 fee)
- Patients who are 35 – 39 years old at the time of enrollment (for the $23,500 fee)
- Patients in good health with no chronic health issues that may impair her ability to carry a healthy pregnancy to term
- Patients with normal anatomical landmarks as defined by the physician using ultrasound (e.g. at least 1 ovary accessible by US and normal uterine cavity).
- There can be no impediments to the transcervical embryo transfer
- Patients may not have fibroids greater than 3 cm in diameter (or at physician’s discretion) and cannot alter the endometrial lining. The uterine cavity must be free of submucous fibroids, polyps and adhesions.
- Patients with a BMI < 30
- Patients with a baseline FSH <12
- Patients with AMH >1
- Patients must be a nonsmoker as verified by lab testing
- Prior semen analyses must confirm at least 500 motile sperm in 2 individual specimens
What is included?
- Up to FOUR fresh and unlimited frozen cycles during the length of the contract. (The frozen cycles must be a result of one of the fresh cycles).
- Injection teaching.
- Follicle monitoring, labs, ultrasounds and office visits during the cycles.
- Oocyte aspiration.
- Oocyte identification and insemination (ICSI or conventional as indicated by physician and laboratory)
- Conventional sperm preparation
- Embryo culture
- Assisted embryo hatching (as indicated by physician and laboratory)
- Embryo transfer with ultrasound guidance
- Embryo freezing and storage for up to ONE year.
- Embryo thawing and culture of cryo-preserved embryos within the Shared Risk Contract time of 24 months only
What is not included?
- Anesthesia ($450 per egg retrieval)
- Pregnancy monitoring
- Male services (Testicular biopsy, epididymal aspiration, or semen analysis prior to cycle start)
- Preimplantation Genetic Screening (biopsy, transport and diagnostic testing)
- Counseling fees (psychologist)
- Donor sperm or donor egg costs
- Complications related to ovarian hyperstimulation, pregnancy or hospital admission
- Laboratory fees not related to the cycle (i.e. initial evaluation or hyperstimulation labs)
- Surgeries other than the oocyte retrieval
- Subsequent frozen embryo transfers outside of the 24 month window (you will be charged the fee for service FET cycle charges)
- Embryo storage after 1 year from date of contract start. You will be billed quarterly at the current quarterly fee. Note storage fees are subject to increase at the start of each financial year calendar.
Benefits from HAN IVF Shared Risk Program
HAN IVF provides excellent care at very competitive Shared Risk pricing. There are no additional add-on costs after the cycle as ICSI and assisted hatching are included in the cycles.
- Having an oocyte retrieval counts as a fresh cycle even if you do not have an embryo transfer due to hyperstimulation (and freezing all embryos for later use) or fertilization failure, etc.
- The unlimited frozen cycles will be lost if there are no cryopreserved embryos from the FOUR fresh cycles. There will be no refunds if your cycles do not result in cryopreservation.
- If the patient completes all possible fresh and frozen cycles and fails to reach 12 weeks gestation the patient will receive a refund of 70%.
- If you wish to use the frozen embryos after the 24 month period from the start of contract, standard costs for frozen embryo transfer monitoring will be incurred
Kathy McGoldrick is the Practice manager and can assist with financial questions and planning for IVF. She can be reached at (610)447-2949